ALMOND OAT GRANOLA CEREAL
This bounce-standing recipe’s blend of ingredients makes for a great Moblee Munchie! Gisbert Grasshopper loves eating it for breakfast and even a midday snack.
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (no added sugar or salt)
• 1/2 cup blanched halved almonds (chopped)
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tbsp melted margarine
• 1 tbsp raisins
Equipment and Supplies:
• Silicone or parchment paper-covered cookie sheet
Adult supervision required.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix oats and chopped almonds.
3. Microwave almond butter for 10 seconds, until soft. Add in melted margarine, brown sugar, honey and raisins. Mix well.
4. Add almond butter mix to oats, making sure to coat oats evenly.
5. Spread oat mixture onto silicone or parchment paper-covered cookie sheet (should be about 1/2 inch thick).
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Let cool then break apart.
Note: This crunchy granola is easy to make and tastes great sprinkled on yogurt for a delicious parfait or can be eaten alone.